Precision for you and your customer means operating with dependable accuracy. Surgeons can have faith in the integrity of these tungsten carbide inserts gripping the suture needle exactly and with less slippage than milled inserts or stainless steel instruments.
Precision for us means starting with the highest quality tungsten carbide, employing creep-feed grinding methodology and rigorous quality control to ensure the highest caliber inserts. Our process, and 30 years of manufacturing experience for OEM’s and repair shops, yields tungsten carbide inserts that have optimal needle gripping power, superb wear resistance, consistency and greater productivity for the end user, your customer.
Performance for you and your customer means ordering a product that is efficient and uncompromising in fulfilling its intended purpose with exceptional strength, durability and proficiency.
Performance for us means using our proven expertise, as we were formerly a department of Abrasive-Form, to meet or exceed the expectations you and your customers have for an exceptional quality insert, service and on-time delivery.
- Recognized for its hardness and resistance to wear Tungsten Carbide has a compressive strength higher than virtually all melted, cast, or forged metals and alloys.
- Very precise points on the teeth are an advantage with our inserts because no finishing is required such as pressing or heat-treating.
- Cobalt or Nickel binders increase the hardness and durability of Tungsten Carbide.
- Anti corrosive characteristics are a key strength of Tungsten Carbide as compared to alternate metals and alloys.
- No sub-surface stresses induced to the tungsten carbide inserts when the creep-feed grinding process takes place as the carbide is already in its hardened state.
- Resistance to wear from, cratering, pitting, and warpage brought on by repeated use and environmental conditions are greater when proper decontamination care is used.
Delivered for you and your customer means consistently receiving the highest quality carbide tungsten inserts on time. Knowing that you have acquired inserts that hold the exceptional precision, durability, and performance that is so critical to your business and the surgical instruments you provide to your customer. Abrasive West knows how important our inserts for the needle holder forceps are to a surgical instrument manufacturer.